When cancer touches your life, you want the best physicians, the latest technology, and caring, compassionate professionals on your side. That is exactly what you will find at the Hayworth Cancer Center.
We work every day to bring this high level of care to you and your loved ones—right here, close to your home, family, work and community. Cancer patients from across our region turn to Hayworth Cancer Center for healing and hope when it is needed most.
Dedicated in 2003, the Hayworth Cancer Center was the first comprehensive cancer center in North Carolina to offer diagnosis, inpatient and outpatient treatment, clinical trials and support services in a single, convenient location.
Hayworth Cancer Center is a part of Wake Forest Baptist Health Comprehensive Cancer Center.
The Hayworth Cancer Center is designed with patients and their families in mind, ensuring an environment that promotes healing and wellness. We understand that a compassionate care team and nurturing environment can be as important as cutting-edge technologies. The warm and friendly staff set the tone for a care setting that focuses on making patients feel comfortable and families welcomed.
Our facility includes:
- Valet services
- A meditation labyrinth and a healing chemotherapy garden
- Thomas Resource Center
- Elegant Profile Boutique features a certified fitter for mastectomy products and image recovery accessories
- Outpatient chemotherapy
- Outpatient radiation therapy
- State-of-the-art cancer diagnostic and treatment technologies
- Hematology and Oncology Clinic
- Radiation Oncology Clinic
- Thoracic Oncology Clinic
The Hayworth Cancer Center provides innovative cancer treatment options, including surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. Our experts will help you understand the available treatments and design a plan right for you. We offer advanced technologies for treating cancer, many of which are minimally invasive and reduce treatment time or life disruption.
- da Vinci robotic surgery is used for urologic and gynecologic cancers and offers minimally invasive surgery, precise surgical capabilities and unprecedented accuracy
- Radiofrequency Ablation can destroy tumors when surgery is not an option
- IMRT and IGRT radiation therapy utilizes multiple imaging and motion management techniques for highly accurate tumor targeting
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) offers highly accurate targeting of tumors and lesions virtually anywhere in the body
- With imaging guidance, biopsies of an abnormality can be obtained while important adjacent structures, such as blood vessels or bowel, may be avoided
- Genetic testing and counseling to diagnose patients early and help with treatment
- Molecular testing of tissue to fingerprint your cancer in order to design a treatment plan specific to your unique cancer type
CAP Laboratory Accreditation Program
The CAP Laboratory Accreditation Program is an internationally recognized program based on the CAP Laboratory Accreditation Standards. Designed to go well beyond regulatory compliance, the program provides a solid foundation for quality practices and helps laboratories achieve the highest standards of excellence to positively impact patient care.
The CAP Laboratory Accreditation Standards are translated into detailed and focused Checklist requirements. The Checklists, which provide a blueprint of quality practices for laboratories to follow, constantly evolve to reflect changes in technology and are tailored specifically to the size and scope of individual laboratories. This inspection program is designed to specifically put the patient first.
The staff and physicians at the Hayworth Cancer Center provide our patients and their families with the very best of care during what may be the most difficult health challenge of their lives. We recognize that a diagnosis of cancer impacts every aspect of a person's life - physical, emotional, financial and spiritual. That's why we have a multidisciplinary team of health care professionals who are specially trained to meet the many needs of our patients.
Team members partner together with patients and families, and with each other, to develop treatment plans that are individualized and meet each patient's unique needs. From the parking valet who helps you into the building to the physician who guides your treatment, our team is here for you.
Our care team includes:
- Oncology-certified nurses
- Medical oncology and hematology physicians
- Radiation oncologists
- Interventional radiologists
- Surgical oncologists, including a genitourologic oncology surgeon and a gastrointestinal oncology surgeon
- Plastic and reconstructive surgeons
- Oncology social worker
- Registered oncology dietitian
- Clinical chaplain
- Clinical pharmacist
- Oncology-certified nurse patient navigators
- Clinical research specialists