Wake Forest Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs.
Participating Insurance Plans
View our list of common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
If you are a member of a health insurance plan:
- We will need a copy of your insurance identification card.
- We also may need the insurance forms supplied by your employer or the insurance company.
- You will be asked to assign benefits (or request payment) from the insurance company directly to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
- Your plan may have special requirements, such as a second surgical opinion or pre-certification for certain tests or procedures.
- You are responsible for meeting the requirements of your health insurance plan.
- If your plan’s requirements are not followed, you may be financially responsible for all or part of services you receive.
- Some physician specialists may not participate in your health insurance plan, and their services may not be covered.
If you are covered by Medicare:
- We will need a copy of your Medicare card to confirm eligibility and process your Medicare claim.
- You are responsible for paying deductibles and co-payments.
- Medicare specifically excludes payment for certain items and services, such as cosmetic surgery, some oral surgery procedures, personal comfort items, hearing evaluations and others.
If you are covered by Medicaid:
- We will need a copy of your Medicaid card.
- Medicaid has limitations on a number of services and items.
- Medicaid does not pay for the cost of a private room unless it is medically necessary.
If you do not have insurance:
- We automatically discount non-elective medical care (care that is urgent or provided on an emergency basis) by 68.5% for patients with no insurance.
- A Customer Service Representative can discuss a payment plan or possible financial assistance options with you or a family member. Please call 336-716-3988 or toll-free at 877-938-7497.