- Individuals do not need to be Wake Forest Baptist patients to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
- Youth ages 12-17 should be accompanied by a parent, guardian or adult.
- Drink plenty of water and eat a meal before getting a vaccine.
- Masks are required and must cover the mouth and nose.
- Plan to stay for 15 minutes after vaccination per CDC guidelines. Youth are encouraged to bring items to keep busy during this time.
What Parents Need to Know about the COVID-19 Delta Variant and Back-To-School
With so many questions around the latest strain of the Coronavirus, and the fact that children will be heading back to soon, Dr. Larry Givner, Pediatric Infectious Disease at Brenner Children’s, provides his expert medical perspective on the Delta variant.