Ratings and Reviews
24 Ratings 4 Comments
|CP concern for questions/worries||4.7|
|CP efforts to include in decisions||4.7|
|CP explanations of prob/condition||4.8|
|CP spoke using clear language||4.7|
|Friendliness/courtesy of CP||4.7|
|Likelihood of recommending CP||4.7|
|Patients' confidence in CP||4.8|
|Time CP spent with patient||4.7|
|Wait time at clinic||4.4|
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good.
- BS, Tufts University, 1984
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine, 1988
- Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital, 1993
- Extracorporeal Life Support , University Michigan Affiliated Hospitals, 1994
- Surgical Critical Care , University Michigan Affiliated Hospitals, 1995
- Pediatric Surgery , Children's Hospital, 1997
- American Board of Surgery, Pediatric Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Surgical Critical Care
- Professor, Surgical Sciences - Pediatrics
Wake Forest Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs. For more information, visit Billing and Insurance.
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (physician services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Davie - Davie Medical Center
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC - Not contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
|WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH|
|MANAGED CARE CONTRACTS - December 2017|
|AETNA (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|BCBSNC (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||N/A|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC)||NC||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE)||X||X||NC||X||NC||NC|
|HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH)||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY)||X||X||X||NC||X||NC|
|TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY)||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LEXINGTON ONLY - Contracts specific to support Lexington employer groups, low volume|
|NATIONAL PROVIDER NETWORK/MEDICAL RESOURCES|
|CHC ONLY - Contracts specific to support CHC|
|AETNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH|
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (limited providers)
|THN - TRIAD HEALTH NETWORK MA Plans only (Humana Medicare and Healthteam Advantage)|
|N/A = not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC|
|NC = Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC|
|WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)|
|NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital|
|DAVIE - Davie Medical Center|
|LMC - Lexington Medical Center|
|CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare|
|Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center|
- All-Terrain Vehicle Injury in Children and Youth: Examining Current Knowledge and Future Needs. Doud AN, Moro R, Wallace SG, Smith MD, McCall M, Veach LJ, Pranikoff T. J Emerg Med. 2017 Aug; 53(2):222-231.
- Experimental testicular tissue banking to generate spermatogenesis in the future: A multidisciplinary team approach. Sadri-Ardekani H, McLean TW, Kogan S, Sirintrapun J, Crowell K, Yousif MQ, Hodges SJ, Petty J, Pranikoff T, Sieren L, Zeller K, Atala A. Methods. 2016 Apr; 99:120-7.
- Total body surface area overestimation at referring institutions in children transferred to a burn center. Swords DS, Hadley ED, Swett KR, Pranikoff T. Am Surg. 2015 Jan; 81(1):56-63.
- Management of venous bullet embolus in a child. Doud AN, Hines MH, Pranikoff T. Am Surg. 2014 Sep; 80(9):832-3.
- Venovenous extracorporeal life support improves survival in adult trauma patients with acute hypoxemic respiratory failure: a multicenter retrospective cohort study. Guirand DM, Okoye OT, Schmidt BS, Mansfield NJ, Aden JK, Martin RS, Cestero RF, Hines MH, Pranikoff T, Inaba K, Cannon JW. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014 May; 76(5):1275-81.