Wake Forest Baptist Health is a community of leaders and innovators in health and medicine. That drive to be a leader in medicine ripples through our entire organization, from researchers and educators to physicians and advanced practice providers to nurses and support staff.
Nurses work everyday with our patients and we believe that investing in them is a direct investment in our quality of care for the community we serve. Investing in our nurses comes in many forms from offering tuition reimbursement, to scholarships to certification opportunities. There are a myriad of opportunities for our nurses to advance their careers as well as ongoing support from their nurse managers and leadership.
Some of the opportunities available to our nurses are:
- Tuition Reimbursement: 50% after successful completion for college classes
- W.L. Carter Fund: 75% up front for RN to BSN or MSN programs
- Shirley Black Annual Scholarship
- Edna Heinzerling Annual Scholarship
- Donna Eaton Annual Scholarship
- Certification and Recertification Reimbursement: 100%
- HealthStream: Education and competency system with free CEUs for employees
- Nursing Grand Rounds: Quarterly education presentations with free CEUs
- Daisy Award Program: Monthly award for exceptional nurses
- Nurse Excellence Award: Annual award (usually 50+ nurses) presented during Nurses Week