Are you a nurse, a student nurse or just thinking about nursing as a career?
It would be hard to find a profession with more diversity and opportunities than nursing. It would be equally hard to find a better place to enrich your nursing experience than Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
Educational Opportunities at Wake Forest Baptist
Nursing education at Wake Forest Baptist includes a Master’s program in nurse anesthesia for current ICU nurses and a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree for nurses who currently hold a master’s degree in any specialty.
In addition, there are many fine undergraduate nursing schools in our state and across the nation. These schools do clinical rotations at Wake Forest Baptist:
- Appalachian State University*
- Davidson County Community College
- Duke University
- East Carolina University
- ECPI University
- Forsyth Tech Community College*
- Gardner-Webb University
- Guilford Technical Community College
- Lees-McRae College
- Queens University of Charlotte
- Randolph Community College
- Surry Community College*
- UNC Chapel Hill
- UNC Greensboro*
- Walden University
- Western Carolina University
- Wilkes Community College*
- Winston-Salem State University*
*Prominent partner schools
Benefits of a Nursing Career at Wake Forest Baptist
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center has been selected as one of the “Top 100 Hospitals to Work For” by Nursing Professionals magazine. There are a number of reasons for that distinction including:
- Flexible schedules for nursing staff
- Competitive pay and great benefits
- Shared governance
- Relationship-based care
If you are already a nurse but want to continue your education, employees can get assistance through:
- Nursing Awarded Scholarships
- Hospital Tuition Reimbursement
- University Employee Discounts
- Aspen University - 10% tuition discount on nursing, graduate, and doctoral programs.
- Capella University - 10% tuition discount.
- Drexel University - Special tuition rates for online programs.
- Lenoir-Rhyne University - Initial discount at 10% of tuition cost, but may increase up to 20% based on the total number of credit hours accrued in the previous year.
- Liberty University - 15% discount off of the tuition rates of our more than 400 online degree programs.
- University of Phoenix - 6% tuition reduction.
- Certification Reimbursement
School of Nursing Onboarding
We're excited to help you get the resources you need to succeed as a participant in Wake Forest Baptist Health’s School of Nursing Programs. Please note that ALL documentation should be submitted at least 4 weeks before starting rotation.
Faculty – Coming Soon
Undergraduate Nursing Students – Coming Soon
Upper Level Nursing Students – Coming Soon
Helpful Web Links
Please contact us with any questions you may have at 336-716-3434