Are you a nurse, a student nurse or just thinking about nursing as a career?
It would be hard to find a profession with more diversity and opportunities than nursing. It would be equally hard to find a better place to enrich your nursing experience than Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
Educational Opportunities at Wake Forest Baptist
Though Wake Forest Baptist no longer has a School of Nursing, there are several local options to start your career in nursing.
While there are many fine nursing schools in our state and across the nation, these schools do clinical rotations at Wake Forest Baptist:
- Appalachian State University*
- Davidson County Community College
- Duke University
- East Carolina University
- ECPI University
- Forsyth Tech Community College*
- Gardner-Webb University
- Guilford Technical Community College
- Lees-McRae College
- Queens University of Charlotte
- Randolph Community College
- Surry Community College*
- UNC Chapel Hill
- UNC Greensboro*
- Walden University
- Western Carolina University
- Wilkes Community College*
- Winston-Salem State University*
*Prominent partner schools
Benefits of a Nursing Career at Wake Forest Baptist
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center has been selected as one of the “Top 100 Hospitals to Work For” by Nursing Professionals magazine. There are a number of reasons for that distinction including:
- Flexible schedules for nursing staff
- Competitive pay and great benefits
- Shared governance
- Relationship-based care
If you are already a nurse but want to continue your education, employees can get assistance through:
- Nursing Awarded Scholarships
- Hospital Tuition Reimbursement
- University Employee Discounts
- Aspen University - 10% tuition discount on nursing, graduate, and doctoral programs.
- Capella University - 10% tuition discount.
- Drexel University - Special tuition rates for online programs.
- Lenoir-Rhyne University - Initial discount at 10% of tuition cost, but may increase up to 20% based on the total number of credit hours accrued in the previous year.
- Liberty University - 15% discount off of the tuition rates of our more than 400 online degree programs.
- University of Phoenix - 6% tuition reduction.
- Certification Reimbursement
School of Nursing Onboarding
We're excited to help you get the resources you need to succeed as a participant in Wake Forest Baptist Health’s School of Nursing Programs. Please note that ALL documentation should be submitted at least 4 weeks before starting rotation.
Faculty – Coming Soon
Undergraduate Nursing Students – Coming Soon
Upper Level Nursing Students – Coming Soon