Policy requires that all faculty, exempt and special exempt staff, and network physicians seek prior approval from their appropriate Chair, Director, VP, etc. for any outside activity funded by Industry Vendors. ECOI is a web-based, electronic system developed at Wake Forest Baptist Health and customized to facilitate this process. Individuals can use the eCOI system to request prior approval for:
- Outside employment opportunities (must use required legal paragraph in Resources below)
- Non-certified educational activities, such as:
- Attending an industry-funded educational event
- Organizing an industry-funded educational event
- Speaking at an industry-funded educational event (Read Government Fraud Alert in Resources below)
- Travel to view capital equipment funded by industry
ECOI electronically routes outside activity requests to the appropriate individual(s) for approval and notifies individuals once the required approvals have been obtained. To login, use the link below and type your Wake Forest Baptist Health User ID and Password.