Please submit your application online using ASHP’s Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) and include the following information:
- A current CV
- Letter of intent
- Pharmacy school transcripts
In your letter of intent, please submit an essay that answers the following questions:
- What are your goals for a pharmacy residency, and how does our program meet these goals?
- Describe any research experience or training, special projects or scientific work you have completed, as well as any notable professional accomplishments you have achieved.
- What do you think is the largest obstacle facing pharmacy today?
- What personal interests do you have outside of pharmacy?
When submitting your application, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Submit 3 (and only 3) references to the reference section of PhORCAS
- Submit only 1 letter of intent
- Ensure your essay is in 12-point font and no more than 2 pages long
Please consider your choice for references carefully. We want information from people who will help us get to know you and understand how well you will succeed in our program.
In general, the best reference letters come from:
- Preceptors for clinical rotations
- Clinical faculty that facilitate clinical problem-solving courses
- Faculty/administrators, organizational advisers and employers whom you have worked with on a particular project and/or know well
The deadline for the PGY1 community-based pharmacy residency program is January 1st.
On-site or virtual interviews will be granted for select applicants.