Our flexible residency program allows residents to tailor their experiences to meet their individual career goals. The residency year is divided into 12 rotations, many of which are one month long. Residents are also evaluated longitudinally on projects, presentations, and practice experience (staffing).
In July, the resident will spend time learning order verification and distribution system for chemotherapy and clinical trials patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
The month of December is set aside to give the resident ample time to work on his or her research project.
The remaining 10 months are comprised of a combination of required, selective, and elective learning experiences.
All rotations are precepted by qualified clinical specialists.
Required Learning Experiences – 4 weeks each
- Investigational Drug Services Operations – 2 months
- Phase 1 Oncology Clinical Trials
- Infectious Diseases Clinical Research
- Regulatory Compliance
- Medical Oncology
- Solid Organ Transplant Clinical Research
Elective Learning Experiences – 2 to 4 weeks each
- Precision Medicine / Genomic Research
- Basic Science / Animal Research
- Clinical Decision Support – McCreadie Group, Inc.
- Multiple Myeloma
- Stem Cell Transplant and Cellular Therapy
Longitudinal – occur within the residency year
- Professional Practice Experience
- Projects, including Research Project and Medication Use Evaluation
- Presentations and Teaching
- Leadership / Management / Medication Safety
- Institutional Review Board