For the convenience of web-based learning, this class is offered virtually with a live instructor.
This class is focused on empowering parents that desire natural childbirth. We will cover tools and methods to cope with labor and birth and give you the confidence to trust your body’s ability.
Please plan to take this class after you have completed our Preparing for Labor and Delivery class.
This class includes:
- Trusting your body and the process of birth
- Labor support
- Comfort and coping mechanisms
- Positioning for progress and comfort
- Birth plans
Check out our class schedules below for all locations and for any questions please contact 336-713-MOMS or email BCCC@wakehealth.edu.
Parking and Directions
- We recommend entering Deck C from Cloverdale Avenue, next to the emergency room.
- Drive to purple level M to the reserved parking spaces for the mammography clinic, these are reserved in the evening for The Birth Center class participants.
- Walk through breezeway, check-in at kiosk, and complete Covid-19 screening. When you are asked reason for arrival choose “other.” Make a right at the information desk and immediate left toward “Main Hospital.”
- Follow the signs to “The Birth Center”
- Once you enter the main hospital, make a right at “Fresh Inspirations Café.” The Birth Center classroom in on the right beside “The Mother’s Nursing Nook.”