Shadowing and Observations will reopen 6/1/22 with the following guidelines:
- All participants must provide proof of the Covid Vaccine Series completion
- The Shadowing / Observation experience is limited to 12 hours per calendar yea
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Candidates must follow Covid and institutional protocols
- Per the Atrium Wake Institutional Safety Policy: "Children under the age of 18 are not permitted in laboratories where there is exposure to radioactive substances, explosives and bio hazardous materials."
Shadowing/Observing is approved for 12 hours. In order to shadow, students are required to have a departmental sponsor. The sponsor coordinates all onboarding paperwork and is responsible for the observer while he/she is on site at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. The observer may be asked to produce immunization records.
The process for onboarding job shadowing/observation participants is outlined below. Sponsors should begin the onboarding process at least two weeks prior to start date.
Minors are not required to complete drug screening/criminal background checks.
General Guidelines for Sponsors
- A new Non-Employee Sponsor Form must be completed for each observer.
- All forms should be submitted to Contingent Workforce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sponsor completes Contingent Workforce Order Form. Sponsor and his/her director/ designee sign the form.
- The sponsor collects the Non-Employee Registration Form and Confidentiality Agreement from the observer and forwards the three required forms (Contingent Workforce Order Form, Non-Employee Sponsor Registration Form, and Confidentiality) to email@example.com.
- The sponsor prints the confirmation email and ensures that the observer has the email with them at all times during the observation experience.
- The sponsor is responsible for ensuring that patient safety and confidentiality are not compromised during the observation experience.
- The observer will not be admitted to an observation area if he/she is not wearing an assigned Observer Identification sticker from the Medical Center Security Office.
- The observer completes the Non-Employee Registration Form and Confidentiality Agreement and returns to the sponsor.
- After receiving the printed confirmation email from the sponsor, the observer has the email with them at all times during the observation experience.
- The observer will not be admitted to an observation area without wearing an assigned Observer Identification sticker from the Medical Center Security Office and should wear it at all times during the observation experience.
- Once all of the required forms have been received, the sponsor will receive a confirmation email from HR. The confirmation email must be received prior to the day of observation.
- Observers are approved for 12 hours.
- The sponsor must print the confirmation email and ensure that the observer has the email with them at all times during the observation experience.
- The observer will not be admitted to an observation area if they cannot present the confirmation email.