Friends of Brenner Children’s began in 1987 by a group of interested volunteers with a passion for children’s health and dedicated to promoting Brenner to the community. For more than 34 years, the mission of the Friends is to support the patients at Brenner Children’s through fundraising, advocacy and awareness.
Friends of Brenner members serve as ambassadors and work closely with Brenner Children’s to:
- Increase community awareness of Brenner
- Raise funds to support the programs and services at Brenner
- Increase and engage the membership of Friends of Brenner
Today, with more than 600 members, Friends volunteers assist with Cheers! to Brenner Children’s, our signature event to benefit Brenner Children’s, the annual Friends of Brenner Luncheon, community donation drives for food, toiletries and other patient needs within the children’s hospital and so much more.
Friends of Brenner invite you to become a member today by returning this form along with your membership fee of only $30 per person. Your time, talents and gifts are greatly needed to assist the Friends in their mission to help the patients and their families at Brenner Children’s.
For additional information about Friends or volunteer opportunities at Brenner Children’s, please contact Angela Carleton in the Office of Philanthropy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-716-3908.
If you would like to volunteer in another area of the medical center, please contact Volunteer Services at 336-713-3519.
Volunteers play an important role in the success of our fundraisers. Brenner Children's hosts fundraising events throughout the year and is always looking for dedicated volunteers to donate their time and energy to our cause. Our fundraising event and examples of volunteer opportunities are:
- Cheers! to Brenner Children's is the signature event that raises funds for patients and their families at Brenner Children’s.
- Community Outreach: Participate in a future Friends of Brenner Toiletry & Food Drive or help support other needs for our Brenner patients and families.
Board of Directors (2021)
Friends of Brenner Committees
- Annual Luncheon
- Because We Care Service
- Cheers! to Brenner Children's
- Community Outreach
- Nominating (Virginia Sutton)
- Nursing Appreciation
Ex-Officio Board Advisors
Office of Philanthropy