Presentations and Conferences
Written and verbal communication skills are emphasized throughout the program. Some of the presentation experiences include:
- Grand Rounds presentation (Pharmacotherapy CE Program)
- ACCP Adult Medicine PRN journal club
- Lecture(s) to Wake Forest School of Medicine Physician Assistant Program
- Noon Conference presentation to medical residents
- Disease state topic discussions
- Opportunities for poster presentation at national meetings
Numerous opportunities exist for the PGY2 resident to develop preceptor skills by serving as co-preceptor or primary preceptor to P4 students and PGY1 residents. Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist is a rotation site for students from Campbell University, Wingate University and High Point University Schools of Pharmacy. The resident also serves as a mentor to P4 students through Student/Resident Lecture Series and Residency Prep Seminars.
The PGY2 Internal Medicine Pharmacy Residency resident will be mentored throughout the completion of an independent research project with a manuscript ready for publication. The resident will work through the formation of a project protocol, defend methods to the Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Research Committee, IRB submission, data collection and analysis and development of a manuscript.
At the beginning of the year, residents can enroll in a teaching certificate program sponsored by the department of pharmacy. This program is intended to develop the resident’s knowledge, skills and abilities to teach effectively in a wide variety of settings. The certificate program also aims to enhance the resident’s ability to provide constructive evaluations, as well as incorporate feedback into their own teaching. Many of the residency-required presentations qualify as experiences that help the resident complete the certificate program.
- Weekend medicine/surgery acute care and evening ICU clinical coverage
- One weekend in every 3-week period
- Weekday second clinical coverage
- One evening per week (4 hours)
- Year-long value-based care clinic appointment, committee participation and code response