As one of the region’s most comprehensive joint replacement programs, Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Davie Medical Center offers a wide range of nonsurgical and surgical treatment options, including minimally invasive surgery. We also work with you to develop a customized treatment plan, factoring in the severity of your condition, overall health and activity level.
Why Choose Davie Medical Center for Joint Replacement Surgery?
When you get joint replacement surgery at Davie Medical Center, you can expect:
- Award-winning care, including:
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement
- High-performing recognition for hip and knee replacement from U.S. News & World Report, placing us in the nation’s top 10%
- "A" Hospital Safety Grade award from Leapfrog
- Latest technology and advanced techniques, like minimally invasive and robotic surgery techniques
- Post-surgical unit designed for orthopaedic patients with a physical therapy gym and private rooms
- Specialty trained orthopaedic team working together to provide comprehensive care
- Best practice protocols (guidelines) and patient care pathways (plans) to ensure the best possible treatment outcomes and highest quality care
Joint Replacement Services Offered
|Surgical Treatments||Non-Surgical Treatments|
Same-Day and Next-Day Discharge
The majority of our patients go home the day after their surgery.
However, a growing number of patients who get total joint replacement or revision total joint surgery go home the day of their surgery, including those who have:
- Good overall health
- A strong support system at home
- Discussed same-day discharge with their surgeon
Opioid Management for Joint Replacement Surgery
We provide evidence-based pain management, resulting in improved patient satisfaction and shorter lengths of stay. Our expert anesthesiologists use innovative techniques to minimize pain after surgery, decreasing your opioid use/overuse risk. And we offer a variety of pain relief treatment options, including nerve block and non-opioid medications, to keep you comfortable during your recovery.
Joint Replacement Recovery
Because every patient’s recovery is different, we create a recovery and exercise plan tailored to your specific condition and needs. Nearly 99% of our patients are able to recover at home following total joint replacement.
If you stick to your plan and follow your doctor’s instructions, you’ll experience less pain, improved mobility and return to your daily activities sooner.
To make your recovery as comfortable as possible, learn how to prepare your home for your return following joint replacement surgery.