Speech-language pathologists (SLPs), also called speech therapists, are professionals who evaluate and treat a wide range of speech, language, cognitive, voice, and swallowing disorders. At Wake Forest Baptist Health, our dedicated team of SLPs provide an unmatched level of care to our patients and their families. They will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan so that you can resume daily activities and have a positive quality of life.
Our clinicians work with patients from pediatrics through geriatrics to offer expert-patient centered care in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. They also work in several locations throughout the region to provide accessible state-of-the-art care to members of our community.
At our Voice and Swallowing Center location in Winston-Salem, NC, we have a team of specialized SLPs who participate in a range of multidisciplinary clinics that serve patients with head and neck cancer/total laryngectomy, ALS, Parkinson’s disease, voice disorders, and upper airway conditions.
Our pediatric Speech-Language Pathology team works hand in hand with physicians in a variety of disciplines as part of the cochlear implant team, cleft and craniofacial team, augmentative alternative communication team, and KidsEat teams.
Conditions We Treat
- Apraxia of speech
- Chronic cough
- Cognitive-linguistic disorders (problems with memory, attention, organization, problem-solving, reasoning, orientation and executive function)
- Dysphagia (swallowing difficulty)
- Paradoxical vocal fold motion disorder
- Stuttering/fluency disorders
- Voice disorders
Speech-Language Pathology Treatment Services
- Alternative & augmentative communication (AAC)
- Adult Rehabilitative Speech and Language therapy
- Chemoradiation Dysphagia Program
- Cognitive-linguistic therapy
- Laryngeal control therapy
- Laryngectomy/TEP Management
- Swallowing therapy
- Voice therapy
- Vocal fold laser treatment