What You Need to Know
North Carolina is changing how it provides health insurance for most Medicaid participants. If you are eligible for Medicaid, the state will ask you to select a new health plan. If you do not choose a plan and a primary care provider (PCP) by the deadline, the state will automatically enroll you in a health plan and assign you a primary care provider.
To keep your preferred Wake Forst Baptist Health doctors, be sure to choose a plan and select your PCP during open enrollment between March 15, 2021 and May 14, 2021.
There are four plan choices in our region. Each plan offers the same basic benefits.
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Healthy Blue
- United Healthcare
Wake Forest Baptist Health is in-network for all four plans. “In-network” means that Wake Forest Baptist Health will accept the plan. You still need to select a plan and choose your preferred PCP to make sure you keep your current doctors.
Looking for information on Atrium Health doctors and hospitals? Learn which NC Medicaid plans have them in their network.
Important: If you have a medical emergency, you should go to the closest hospital emergency room. Wake Forest Baptist Health hospitals provide services to all patients seeking treatment for an emergency medical condition. It doesn’t matter what health insurance plan you have or if you can pay for emergency services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Wake Forest Baptist Health cannot recommend a specific plan to you.
Visit NCMedicaidPlans.gov or to speak to an independent representative about any of the plans, call the Enrollment Broker Call Center toll-free at 1-833-870-5500. The Enrollment Broker Call Center is open from 7 am to 5 pm, Monday through Saturday.
- Go Online: Visit NCMedicaidPlans.gov to enroll online.
- Use ePass: https://epass.nc.gov/CitizenPortal/application.do
- By Phone: Call 833-870-5500 (toll free) to speak to a representative from NC Medicaid.
- By Mail: Complete the enrollment form in the packet mailed to you. Follow the instructions to mail or fax it back.
- Use the App: Use the NC Medicaid Managed Care mobile app
If you do not choose a plan and a primary care provider by the deadline, the state will automatically enroll you in a health plan and select a primary care provider for you.
The NC Managed Medicaid enrollment process has four search capabilities:
- Search by Provider for a Plan
- Search by Plan
- Search by Organization for a Plan
We recommend that you search by “Organization for a Plan” and use your clinic name for your search criteria under Organization Name.
- If you see Dr. Timberly Butler at Downtown Health Plaza use the “Search by Organization for a Health Plan” option and enter the clinic name in the box for Organization Name as shown below:
- Your clinic information will appear as shown below. Click the Enroll button.