Observation and shadowing experiences are currently suspended until June 1, 2022.
Those onboarding for student experiences must be fully immunized, having completed the COVID-19 vaccine series, prior to being cleared for access.
Students in affiliate programs are not eligible to apply for religious or medical exemptions.
- Nursing and advanced practice nursing inquiries:
- Other learner inquiries:
Shadowing and Observations will reopen 6/1/22 with the following guidelines:
- All participants must provide proof of the Covid Vaccine Series completion
- The Shadowing / Observation experience is limited to 12 hours per calendar yea
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Candidates must follow Covid and institutional protocols
- Per the Atrium Wake Institutional Safety Policy: "Children under the age of 18 are not permitted in laboratories where there is exposure to radioactive substances, explosives and bio hazardous materials."
Nurse Summer Extern Program
The Nurse Extern Program allows rising senior nursing students in an accredited BSN program to gain hands-on experience in two different inpatient clinical locations throughout the Wake Forest Baptist Health system.
Applications for the 2019 Nurse Summer Extern Program are currently being accepted through October 19, 2018. Applications are reviewed and selected applicants will be scheduled for an interview this fall. For application information, call Talent Acquisition at 336-716-3339. For program information call Amy Milner at 336-716-3432.
At this time we are not offering onsite internships for external "non-clinical" students. This suspension will continue at least until December 31, 2021.
Observation and Shadowing Experiences are currently suspended until December 31, 2021.