Temporary Location Change
Out of an abundance of caution, Occupational Medicine services are moving from Urgent Care - Mocksville to the Occupational Medicine - Winston East location, effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020. This location is limited to occupational medicine and does not provide “sick” care so this move better protects our “well and working” patients. This change will remain in effect until at least April 30, 2021. We will re-evaluate as the situation changes.
Please note we will be screening all patients before they enter our location for symptoms of COVID-19 and rerouting them to more appropriate places of care if needed. We strongly recommend calling ahead before employees come to Occupational Medicine - Winston East.
From workers compensation services to DOT physicals to respirator fit testing and vision screening, we provide the services you need to ensure the safety and health of your employees.
We Keep Employees Working Well with Occupational Medicine
Our occupational health services may be provided on-site or at a nearby clinic facility.
Occupational Health Services include:
- On-site Nursing Services
- Work Injury Management (Initial injury, re-evaluation and return to work)
- DOT Physicals
- Pre-employment, Fit for Duty and Annual Physicals
- Breath Alcohol Screenings and Urine Drug Screen Collection
- Respirator Fit Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing
- Vision and Hearing Screenings
- Vaccinations (Hepatitis, Flu, Tdap)
- Education on First Aid/CPR, Blood Borne Pathogens, and other topics
- DOT and pre-employment physicals, respirator fit testing, injury re-evaluations and vaccinations are also available at worksite locations. These services can be scheduled in two-hour blocks with a minimum of six exams or 25 immunizations, giving our clients a convenient, efficient option for occupational medicine services.
Workers / Workman's Compensation
Wake Forest Baptist Health works with companies, their insurance providers and other stakeholders to ensure the workers compensation process is comprehensive and efficient. From initial evaluation to return-to-work, we work diligently to ensure that the process is efficient and well-managed and the injured worker receives high quality, medically-appropriate care. Employees with new work injuries can walk-in at any of our Occupational Medicine or Urgent Care locations and can schedule a follow-up evaluation at either or Occupational Medicine – Winston East or Occupational Medicine – Mocksville.
Other Services & referrals to Medicine Specialties
Injured workers may also be referred for other services including:
- Specialty clinics (Orthopaedics, spine, physical and medicine rehabilitation, plastic surgery, etc.)
- Physical/occupational therapy
- Psychological coping skills sessions
- Return to work programs, as work conditioning or work hardening
- Functional capacity evaluations
- Job site analysis
- Care coordination with experienced workers’ compensation case managers