Ronald McDonald House in Winston-Salem
Ronald McDonald House is a “home away from home” for families of pediatric inpatients and outpatients (18 and younger) from outside Forsyth County receiving medical care in the area.
A small donation is requested per family per night for one room which includes kitchen privileges. If this charge presents a hardship, guests may discuss other payment arrangements with the manager.
Ronald McDonald House is on Hawthorne Road down the street from Wake Forest Baptist.
Call 336-723-0228 for more information.
SECU Family House
The SECU Family House on the Richard J. Reynolds, III & Marie M. Reynolds Campus provides affordable lodging in a caring environment for referred adult patients and/or their caregivers who travel to Winston-Salem, NC, for medical treatment.
The Family House is a compassionate, comfortable alternative to spending the night in a waiting room or staying in expensive hotels for people facing the challenge of out-of-town medical care. Located just three miles from Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, the SECU Family House gives peace of mind to people when they need it most.
Features and Amenities
- 45 guest rooms, the majority with 2 queen beds and private bath
- Staff and caring volunteers on-site and available 24 hours a day
- Fully equipped kitchen, opportunities for prepared meals, laundry facilities
- Free transportation to and from hospital
- Fellowship with other guests or full privacy
A $40 nightly fee is requested, but financial assistance applications may be submitted for consideration.
Ask for a Referral
- Office of Patient and Family Relations: 336-713-2273
- Pastoral Care: 336-716-4745
- Care Coordinators: 336-716-5329