At Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Health, we are committed to offering services to all patients regardless of their gender identity and sexual orientation. We look forward to partnering with our patients and our community to improve health through inclusive and respectful care that encourages positive self-image. As a learning health system, we want to provide local and national resources that educate and serve our LGBTQ+ patients listed below.
As part of our mission, and in collaboration with our LGBTQ+ and Allies Affinity group and the Safe Zone in Medicine student-led team, we are increasing our efforts to enhance care and services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer individuals and families. One of these efforts include the Safe Zone in Medicine Training Program that provides specific and thought-provoking instruction to our physicians and advance practice providers about the unique considerations of caring for LGBTQ+ individuals and families.
We are committed to providing exceptional care to our LGBTQ+ community across a comprehensive array of our clinical services and specialties, including some of the unique services highlighted below:
- Gender-affirming hormone therapy and monitoring
- Prevention and wellness screening
- Gender-affirming voice and communication therapy
- Gender-affirming voice surgery
Obstetrics & gynecology and primary care provide:
- Family-building assisted reproductive treatment
- Prevention screenings, wellness or testing services explicitly focused on LGBTQ+ patients
- Trans-affirming gynecologic care, including cervical cancer screening and pelvic exams
Our psychiatry specialists offer:
- Focused mental health services
- Psychological, physical and psychiatric evaluations
At our Infectious Diseases Specialty Clinic, patients can receive:
- Testing and counseling for HIV, STD and STI
- Provision of PEP and PrEP for patients at risk for HIV
- HIV care and services
- Focused mental health services for individuals with HIV and those at risk
Local and National Resources
The resources below provide information and guidance to our LGBTQ+ patients and community.